6/21/2011

Lotte World All Night Hip Hop Party & Insadong Redux

Wow I am a busy bee this week! Why does Korea demand so much out of every hour of the day? I don't have enough hours in my day anymore so here is a delayed posting due to many other demands on my time (so much so that I am running a 19 hour day today and probably tomorrow as well!)

Insadong revisited finally... I took a stroll down the busy street of Insadong with pedestrians and cars / trucks!? I still cannot figure out why the street is not closed to traffic...

So if you are not familiar with Insadong it is a hot spot for foreigners looking for artwork, crafts, designer clothing, traditional dining and cafe's and just a general collecting or souvenir hunters haven.

Here are a handful of images that illustrate what I mean:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also get a doughnut fried thingie from this stall... it will be the best 1,000 won you will spend. It is very unusual but deliciously sweet and I think I want to go back just to get another one... hmmm :)

Photobucket

The show:

Directions: Anguk Station Line 3 exit 6... follow the crowd. Turn left where you see the obvious :) If you cant turn left without being run over by the traffic on the street you are going the wrong way :)

Saturday night was a spontaneous trip out to Lotte World for a look at the Hip Hop All Night Party! Which started around 11.30 and was supposed to go until 5.30am. The coolest part was that Lotte World was also open as well as having the concert you could go on the rides! And compared to normal days lines there was barely anyone there so you could jump on anything you wanted without waiting... and the food stores were open too so it was like a charlie and the chocolate factory moment running around playing on all the rides and eating hot dogs! So this was really fun!

Here is a quick video of what the first 2 acts were like after that it was a rampage around Lotte World :)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Next week should be a posting which has personal significance for me :) So until than have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment