8/14/2011

(Posting 1 of 2) Hospital, Bank of Korea Coin Museum & Drawing Show

This week I am going to post twice, so this is post 1 of 2...

So last week you may have noticed that I posted nothing... well that was due to me being admitted to hospital for emergency appendectomy. I got sick on Sunday night (thought it was food poisoning) then went to teach on Monday morning (impossible) and then was taken to the hospital for a check up by my friend and immediately subjected to a series of tests and 3 hours later I was being cut up. I got out Thursday afternoon and have still to get my stitches out.
I seem to have lost a lot of weight too :(

So here is last weeks posting!

Bank of Korea Coin Museum:

What dawned on me when I went here was that all things related to coins are in about 100m of each other just on the outskirts of myeong dong right next to the big shinshegae mall. The coin shop is across the road, the coin mall is just underground and the museum is just across the street!

So for you coin buffs... be that probably not many... or just those interested in museums this is a great one to visit. It has coins 9as you would expect) from all over the world, gold, silver and notes. It shows you the process of how paper and coin currency is made, shows you a mock up of a money vault and the kids can have fun rubbing coins or pressing coins in that activity area.

I took some pictures and they are usually worth 1000 words so I will let them speak for me :)
(A full slideshow will follow as well)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Drawing show

Well this was just outside Hywha station... well to the right and across the street.
I was expecting just what it said... a drawing show... and to be honest I was a little disappointed as there was little actual drawing and a lot of mucking around and comedy. I would have preferred to see some fantastic drawing and creative styles. I would probably give the show a generous 5/10 so if you have nothing else to do go and see it.

Pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Full slide show:


So that was last week... if you want to see what I did this weekend check out post 2 of 2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment