2/26/2012

Seoul Animation Center / Cartoon Museum & Getting Business Cards in Seoul

So first off the bat... I am posting this a little earlier this week because I have a lot to cover this week and my goodness! Its another short week coming up :)

So this week we shall visit the Seoul Animation Center and Cartoon Museum which are located right next to each other and are free!

I also have a simple map that will guide you there :)

Getting or making business or name cards in Seoul Korea? Wondering where to go? Where to get them made? Well I may just have a solution for you if you don't mid a trip to Hongdae :)

So to start us off... The Animation Center and Cartoon Museum:

Located just up the road from Myeong Dong Station this place could easily be overlooked by the casual tourist because it hidden away just enough not to be noticeable. However I have a map I will share so you can find it just as easy as jam on bread... or something like that :)

Both places are quite small and is good for a drop in and look on your way up the tower or doing some shopping. You can see both places in perhaps half an hour or so. Open Tuesday to Sunday 9am to 6pm.

Lets check out some photo's:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out all the interesting pictures set to music in this youtube video :)



Don't miss the cafe right across the street Aven Pace.N Design Gallery and Cafe where you can get a delicious brunch and a lovely cup of tea... or coffee.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So here is the map: Exit 1 Myeong Dong Station Line 4. Immediately turn around after exiting the number 1 station exit and head up the hill. You will see Namsun tower and then a little further the Cartoon Museum. Cross the road at the crossing and you are almost there!

Photobucket

Getting business cards in Seoul South Korea
Making business cards in Seoul South Korea

Sometimes they are referred to as name cards as well....

Well you have got to the stage of needing to get some business cards for yourself, either a blog, business or so that when you meet some people out and about you can give them your contact details in a professional manner.

try searching for some information on this on google and you wont find much to help you. However I do know of two places in Hongdae that you can go to.

1. M blue Graphic Design
www.mblue24.com
02 324 1714

This is where I went to get a custom made business card for this blog. I drew the picture myself and colored it as well.... which was a long process so I was pleased at the care and effort this designer took in cleaning up the black border and text for me :)

Here is what the original picture and the card look like:

Photobucket

Yes I did notice I made a small mistake in the address. It reads
htpp://rawrkorea.blogspot.com
it should read http://rawrkorea.blogspot.com
However this will be remedied tomorrow since I have almost run out of cards and I am going to just change the address to www.rawrkorea.blogspot.com and add a youtube user address also.

**EDIT** 11 March 2012

Fixed the card so it is all correct and I have added a youtube link too :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well here is the map from Hongdae station. You will have to have someone with you who speaks Korean or have some written instructions because as far as I can tell he does not speak English but probably understands some :)

Photobucket

You will see this building just after the service station go in and its on the second floor first door on the left.

Photobucket

The other place I have heard about but have not used is:

Peakee

www.peakee.com
Give them a call for opening hours. I believe they open at 2pm at the moment although their website says 10am.

You can locate this store by leaving exit 9 of Hongdae station, walking along to the main road that heads up to the university. On the right side of the road you will see Lotteria. There is a small alleyway just before Lotteria walk down there and on your right you will see a building with lots of business cards outside... Well here is some pictures and a map to help :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Phew... that was a long post!

Well a few weeks back I got myself a new lens. Previously i had been using a Canon 28 - 90mm plastic lens, now I have a Canon EF 70 - 300mm f4-5.6 L IS USM which is super fantastic! I used it first at the Cosplay event and again at the Animation Center. I am still getting used to it but wow you can get some good close up shots with it!
Here it is in comparison with my old lens. Its fitted with a lens hood in this picture.

Photobucket

Well as i mentioned the coming week is a short one so I will be having a relaxing 4 days or so soon. Maybe I will have something interesting for you next week :) Until then have a fantastic time! :)

1 comment:

  1. After the business world now plastics are coming the gaming world and are entertaining the people from their design and durability.

    Plastic Cards
    Plastic Business Cards

    ReplyDelete