1/16/2013

Dragon Jjimjilbang Yongsan Seoul South Korea

Dragon Jjimjilbang Yongsan Seoul South Korea

This weekend I was lucky enough to visit one of the most famous Jjimjilbangs in Seoul, the Dragon Spa and Resort. Located right next to Yongsan Subway Station it is a tourist attraction and hot spot for locals to go and relax and enjoy the heat during the cold winter months.

As it was my first time I had no idea what to expect. The facility offers an amazing array of things to do and see there. For example there is a games room, cinema, PC room, Barber, a place to have your nails done and have a massage as well as a restaurant and many other things to enjoy. It costs 12,000 won for a 24 hour period and for this reason Jjimjilbangs are popular with overnight stayers as there are various sleeping rooms. So if you want really cheap accommodation for the night and you are travelling light you could consider a Jjimjilbang for the night ^^. There are hot room and cold rooms and a common area where you can sit on the warm floor and watch TV. Yes the whole complex is heated so its a great place to escape the winter cold.

Here are a few pictures I took with a small portable camera:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If you get the opportunity to visit a Jjimjilbang I highly recommend you go and enjoy a unique experience! ^^

Well that all for this week. Short and sweet... I will be back next week with an exciting update for you to enjoy. Until then have a great week! ^^

1 comment:

  1. I love how you see Seoul as a city. I even enjoy your posts about it. Maybe we could follow each other on Bloglovin and/or GFC?

    Please leave me a comment on my blog and I will follow you!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete