8/22/2010

Nature in the park

Well this weekend I decided to take a rest from running all over the place. I think pushing, pushing, pushing finally caught up with me and my body needs a rest before next week begins. So next weekend I will be out and about again most likely going inside the museum this time and possibly visiting Bucheon... maybe.

Saw some exciting things this week like 20 - 30 police around my street and then when I was catching the subway there were guys with machine guns and some other guys dressed in yellow suits so I assume it was some kind of drill as no one was overly excited.

I also finally got myself a cell.... sorry "hand phone" is the term over here. It comes with DMB so I can watch TV on it for free... like Starcraft on U1 every afternoon and then Baseball after work on the bus home. I again had help from Moses and after my Itaewon fiasco of them claiming I had to pay 560,000 won upfront I ended up paying 20,000 won insurance and my contract is 12,000 per month and the phone was free so another good deal.

Photobucket

I also got a 640Gig external hard drive so that I can back up my laptop. It was around 100,000 won so again quite cheap and performs well with a Samsung made hard drive. Its a touch drive so there are no switches on it or anything.

Photobucket

I am starting to get more adult one on one students which start earlier than the usual classes so that a good change. I can at least sit and talk about things with them. Strangely however they are all piano teachers?!

So at some point this week (I hope) I am going to go and photograph Guri tower. It may be a little walk or perhaps a long walk of 1 or 2 hours to get there I'm not really sure.

I decided to go up to the park finally which I should have done ages ago sine it is literally 1 minute from my door but I haven't been back sine the first week I got here. Used the exercise equipment there for the first time and it is OK as the machines are based on the resistance of your own bodyweight. I also took some pictures of insects (some scary spiders) and flowers and things. Still need a lot more practice with my camera. I may take off the UV filter to see what difference that makes.

So here is the link to the slide show:





No comments:

Post a Comment