9/12/2010

A Wet Weekend

So as life goes sometimes things happen and other times they don't. This was a week of "they don't s".

Tuesday was supposed to be a big soccer game between Iran and South Korea. However by Tuesday everyone was sick and I mean everyone. Teachers, students, random people I don't know all with deadly illnesses just begging to be adopted and nurtured into full blown blah.

So yes I got sick too and it was a bad week hitting rock bottom on Thursday and crawling back up toward recovery by Friday. All you teachers will know that I am not exaggerating when I say that the kids cough and sneeze over everything; books, pens, board markers the board, door handles and if you are lucky like this guy.... maybe in your mouth:


Saturday I was supposed to go to visit one of my adult students at their home but after what seemed like 24 hours of rain that was a no go as things had flooded out that way. So in-stead I went back into Seoul to get me a iPod nano 16GB as my shuffle 1st gen finally died after many a year of hard work. 180,000 won from an apple store (4 generation so no camera on it but having now 4 cameras on various things do I need more...). I then went for a little walk and discovered some kind of market where people were dressed up as though it were hundreds of years past...!
(See slide show for pics).

I also whilst walking in the direction of Dongdaemun found a little park with some statues and various other art pieces I took some photos of.

Sunday went 10 pin bowling with my friend and their church group... Koreans take their sports very seriously and there was some heavy competition going on.


So I found out how to move in/out of a high rise.... :

Photobucket

Bought some goodies... yep back into the weights....

Photobucket

.....and finally got my epic t-shirt I have been waiting for in the mail today (Sunday delivery).

Photobucket

If you don't know Miyagi-Do Karate... I pitty the fool... well... OK then here is some education:


I have another t-shirt on the way this week so I am looking forward to getting that one and wearing it... show you the pics next week.

So another promising week is coming up and I hope to have some real good juicy tidbit's for you next time.

Until then.... here's a random cultural performance and some subway dancing for you to enjoy:



Slideshow:


My two cents:

The Birthday Massacre has a new album coming out this month... not sure if any of you are fans of Synth Rock but anyway here is something different for your jukebox:


No comments:

Post a Comment