10/31/2010

Happy Birthday!!!1

Wow! Another memorable week! Last week was excellent this week was fantastic ;)

So I will Start with Tuesday night and a visit to a lovely restaurant in the most expensive part of Seoul (Details in the link below).


The place had a fantastic atmosphere with candles lighting the dinner and some soft mood music. The courses were impressive and delicious. I did dread the octopus? But even that was delicious. The meal was truly fantastic with the highlights being the carbonara pasta and the tenderloin steak which was cooked rare to perfection. The price was very reasonable at 45,000 won per person (plus tax) so it ended up being 99,000 won.
Again I had my hand phone so the quality of the pictures is not great:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wednesday was my birthday! What a great day it turned out to be with my best friend :) making me a wonderful meal of battered chicken salad and carbonara pasta! She also brought me a lovely birthday cake and a surprise present!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I was very happy as you can imagine!

On to Thursday and another meal out this time at PhoMein: http://phomein.com/

This is Vietnamese Cuisine and is a little less formal than some of the restaurants I have been to previously. It has a very stylish décor, clean and well presented. The food is fantastic and the prices are very good. For a standard dish you are looking to pay around 11,000/13,000 + won.
This is really good value for money.

Photobucket

Saturday I was lucky enough to be taken to the final performance of Rock of Ages. Which was fantastic. It was also a little strange to hear all those old 80's rock tunes sung in Korean...
But it was a great performance and in the end the lead came over put his arm on my shoulder and sang behind me as it seems I was the only foreigner in the whole place :)


Photobucket

After the show we went to another restaurant. We were planning to go to TGIF but in Korea there are lines of people waiting to get into these places! So we went to Sala Thai (Jamsil).


We did however still had to wait 7 to 10 minutes for a seat but that was far shorter than 30 - 40 minutes at other restaurants. The food again was fantastic, the pad thai was spot on however probably not as much chicken as you would expect to see in a similar dish in New Zealand. The place didn't feel overly cramped but you definitely knew there were people seated around you but floor space and high turnover of customers would be a high priority in Lotte Castle (building).

Photobucket

I must mention my new shoes which I purchased in Dongdaemun last weekend at an exorbitant price of 120,000 won :)
I have been wearing them all weekend and they are the most comfortable shoes I have worn.

Photobucket

So here ends another week. Next week has already been drafted out so I will be looking forward to some more excitement!

So I might leave you with a favourite piano song of mine and of course a Kpop track!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment