7/02/2012

Seoul International Book Fair 2012

Seoul International Book Fair 2012

Last weekend the 22nd, 23rd and 24th of June saw the Seoul International Book Fair 2012 held at COEX in Seoul and Hosted by The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The book fair had some great surprises for me as I expected just publishers and vendors selling books. What excited me was the book art and creative illustrators, bookmakers, paper and stationery that was all on display and for sale. There were also sections devoted to the history of Korean printed texts and a small museum of sorts showing old Korean novels, short stories and comics.

As I mentioned before the book fair was hosted by The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and they had a large exhibition space with a lounge where you could relax after a long walk around the venue an enjoy a book, perhaps even enjoy a free Koran which was being given out translated into Korean. There was also a wide variety of books on display from travel guides to mathematics as well as information about studying in Saudi Arabia.

The cost of entering the event was 3,000 won for an adult. However I have now discovered the benefit of my COEX card in that I can enter these events held at COEX for free which is quite good as I will be heading over there later this month for another exciting event.

Anyway Check out some of the photos and slideshow of the event:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




So this weekend I spent shifting my apartment... maybe next time I will show you the differences between the kinds of apartment you can expect when coming to Korea. I have had 4 apartments now and my latest is what the Koreans call an Officetel which is a great place to live in my opinion :)

This weeks attraction is R16 Korea which will be held at Platoon this year. For more information visit the link here:
http://www.r16korea.com/xe/

If you are curious about what the event and what its all about check out one of my older postings when I visited it a couple of years ago :)
http://rawrkorea.blogspot.kr/2010/07/r16-b-boy-korea-2010-success-after.html

Well until next week have a fantastic time and I hope to see you again next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment