11/28/2010

War? and Snow and the DVD room

Well a week of very interesting developments. I can't say what some of them are just yet but I can say that they are concerning to say the least. I will keep you up to date on this with next weeks post... but I can say things are not looking so good.

I think last week I made a comment about the landscape turning from lush greens into something that resembled a war zone or battlefield:




Photobucket

Photobucket

And then I was reminded about something and I said "Oh yeah this is a war zone".


And then I found this which is probably the most modern footage of the North as opposed to those old clichéd soviet style propaganda films of the 60's and 70's.


So today I was keeping an eye on the news as South Korea and the US are continuing their Naval drills today and I saw this: (I hope the link still works):


Basically it says that Korea is in a state of ultra emergency as declared by North Korea.

Well I'm pretty confident that if something did happen and 1 million men came across the border with 180,000 special forces through the 20 other tunnels that the South has not found yet, that it would be impossible to get out of here as the major airports to the north would be rendered useless in under a day.

But anyway it snowed yesterday! Not as much here as other places around Seoul but it was snowing none the less.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Also Christmas is gearing up here already and I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to get those lovely night Christmas light photos for you :) But in the mean time:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Have you ever wondered what the inside of a DVD room looked like? Well wonder no more! Its a small room about 2 meters wide by 3 - 4 meters in length with a projection screen and a large vinyl seat and a telephone I guess to talk to reception. These places can be found all over the place and I would assume... that it gives young couples a place to get away from everything for a couple of hours and 15,000 Won will get you some alone time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So I will leave you with this - the song is Perfect War by FGFC820

No comments:

Post a Comment