12/05/2010

Oh dear

Well as I said last week something was in the air and now I have the news. You have all heard the nightmare stories of hogwans with bad apartments, not paying their teachers, working the native teacher like a slave and then there are the ones that run out of money and leave their teacher with no job... yes mine is the latter. I was given the word on Friday that my last day is 31 December.

I have been looking and applying already and there seems to be many jobs out there and I hope that I have the advantage of being in Korea so I may be more financially appealing than bringing someone over here with the airfare and medical check up expenses.

I will keep you posted on how things progress.
Not to discourage anyone from coming of course but I stumbled across this and found it... amusing... or perhaps ironic:


Wow it snowed last Sunday night so I went outside. I know this sounds strange but I was a bit excited as it was my first time in the snow! Hopefully it will snow again this week!

Photobucket

Photobucket


I went to Myeongdong to the department stores to look for something which I didn't find there but I did take a few pictures of the cathedral:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also ended up at the Konkuk University Subway station (line 2) to look at the Lotte Department store there but here is a quick tip for all the males. If you come out exit 5 I believe (Lotte Department store) go right walk on till you see a sign "Rodeo" walk down that road you will find the greatest concentration of men's wear that I have discovered so far. There are the suit stores and many coat stores but also Puma, Fila, Nike, Adidas and so on. You can see in the picture all the stores and the Lotte Department Store in the background.

Photobucket

On two occasions I have seen the following. Once I think on Tuesday and another time today while I was on the subway. These are Tuesdays pictures:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wonder where that has come from and where it is going?....

Here's a random picture of what my subway trip to school was like.

Photobucket

Well I will leave you this week with something interesting if not funny...

No comments:

Post a Comment