2/06/2011

Gyeongbokgung Palace, National Palace Museum & Cheongwadae (Blue House)

Its the year of the Rabbit...

So as promised I went to Gyeongbokgung Palace, The Blue House (or as near as I could get) Cheongwadae and the National Palace Museum.

The weather was a tropical +4 / +6 degrees.

I took the subway line number 3 to Gyeongbokgung and got out at exit 5 which puts you inside the palace basically. The cost is 3,000 won to enter and can be paid inside the main gate on the right hand side.

The palace is quite huge and will take you a while to get around everything. I would probably recommend waiting until spring and take a leisurely stroll around in a more humid climate and (my own personal preference) I think spring / summer would be more beautiful although the snow look is ok too... but no I prefer summer :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

For example I bet this place would be far more fun in Summer...

Photobucket

Anyway about half way through your journey you will see the National Palace Museum. Outside there is an old street with shops and a street car. There is a children's museum and the main museum right next door. It was free admission (possibly due to it being a public holiday) and is worth a casual look if you have time. It closed at 5pm so I had to be quick!

Photobucket

Carrying on back through the palace grounds you will exit the back gate and catch a glimpse of the "Blue House" and the dozens of police all over the streets around it.

Photobucket

So the weather is getting a little warmer and the snow and ice is melting and I am getting a little excited about spring and very excited about summer and all the exciting things I can do and see since I wont be freezing!

All the photo's can be found in my photo set here:


On a side note... these are my favourite biscuits/cookies in Korea and I may have a secret recipe in the summer if my theory is right...

Photobucket

I will leave you with a couple of things:


I am also going to check out this anime... Ergo Proxy... tell me if you know of any epic anime series :)


No comments:

Post a Comment