5/08/2011

G Global Aviation Ansan 2011 Airshow

G Global Aviation 2011 Airshow in Ansan 5 - 10 May 2011.

If you are in the area the show will still be on Monday and Tuesday so if you can get down there and have a look.

I think the best way to get there is by going to Jungang station line 4 and simply take a taxi (around 5,000 won). If you say "airshow" to the driver I am sure they will know what you mean :)
Entry was 4,000 won for an adult.

Web link for those interested :)

So the day started of cloudy and it looked like it might rain but the clouds melted away around lunchtime just in time for the aerobatic displays.

There were a lot of different stands for toys and food and some interesting things.


The highlight for me was the Apache and Cobra helicopters. A little disappointed that there were no jets like the T-50 trainer or the F 15K but I guess you cant have it all :)

Amongst the planes there were my friends from the Seoul Motor Show again with a dozen or so cars:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Korean military was there as well as the Americans with their Humvee's and the Apache:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The aerobatic displays started around 1pm and here is some footage of those and there was also a parachute drop of which you can see some pictures at the end of this post:



The best display of the afternoon was this guy who really turned it on for the crowd:

Photobucket


Every time you go to an airshow you think of all the times you have seen things on the tv of disasters and people being hit by falling aircraft and mid air crashes and the like... it's always in the back of your mind but you never really expect to see one..... until....

Photobucket

Photobucket


I have no idea how this happened. I had left that area about 10 minutes before and I was just around the corner having a cold drink when I saw people running so of course I followed them. It seems that only the pilot was hurt which to me was amazing because the crash occurred just on the very edge of the recreation and eating area. This is the little orange Aeromaster you saw flying in one of the clips above. No one was too overly excited about it in the end and after they put out the engine fire and took the pilot away in an ambulance they simply covered up the wreckage. Shortly after this I decided to go home and take the long subway trip back.

*Updated* Here is a link to a news article about the crash sent to me by Willminkorea <--- Thank you:

Have a look at my photo slideshow here for some more pictures:


Well until next week... have a happy and fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment