5/22/2011

Namyangju History Museum, Children's Grand Park (Zoo) & Gyengbokgung at night

So a very busy weekend was had on Saturday and Sunday starting with a trip to Namyangju History Museum. You can get there by taking the Jungangseon Line to Paldang station and take a left as you exit and you cant miss it.
Its quite small but worth a trip if you are adventurous. Also there is a nice restaurant nearby and a military store if you need some BDU's... or something :)




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And yes I did get a little carried away with taking pictures in the restaurant but you have to see it to believe it! the inside is a photographers heaven and the food was good too. I do have one question though... why is it when you go to a restaurant in Korea they insist on giving you a tiny water glass but don't give you a bottle or jug to refill it with. I know that its all about "service" but I would rather have the ability to refill my glass when I want to rather than beckoning the wait staff for something that is unnecessary... :/

Here are some more photos:

Sunday I was off to see the animals at the Children's Grand Park. You can get there on Line 7 to the Children's Grand Park station. Just follow the signs and you wont get lost. Its free so well worth a trip. Here are some of the pictures I got with another slide show at the end as well as some video footage.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Lastly on Sunday night it was off to see the Gyeongbokgung Palace at night. It was only open for 5 days during the night and we went on the last night and had to wait in a parking line for about half an hour just to get a park. There were hundreds of people as you can imagine all jostling each other with cameras on tripods to get night shots. I am not so good at night shooting but I managed to get a handful of shots without a tripod:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a few more:


There was also a traditional performance which I got a quick video clip of:


So as I got home after 10pm on Sunday and started my travels around Seoul at 6:40am I was a little tired on Sunday night to post. So there was my week... lets see what happens this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment