8/29/2012

Korean Apartments (Officetel) and A Korean Flea Market

Finally as promised I will give you an apartment comparison post.

There are many different types of apartments in Korea but in my opinion an officetel is perhaps the best kind for a young person or language instructor in Korea. The advantage of an officetel is that it will usually have some useful businesses in the building. For example my building has several kinds of medical clinics, a pharmacy, Baskin Robbins, a chicken store and a CU or Convenience store. Right next door is Starbucks and across the road is McDonalds. Also there is literally over 100 different restaurants around my building.

I think the advantage of an officetel is that you are high up and protected from the weather (no flooding). They are also modern and have a good bathroom, cooking facilities and in some cases a big living area with  lots of storage space. Anyway the apartment I live in now is the best I have been in so far in Korea ^^

Here is a look at all the apartments I have lived in so you can see the difference:

Number 1


Number 2
Photobucket

Number 3


Number 4 the Officetel



So there you go. An apartment comparison for you so you know what is on offer here when you arrive ^^

This weekend I also had the chance to visit a Korean Flea Market at Ttukseom which is right on the Han river. Every month there is a foreigners market but this month there was only two foreigners; Singapore and Vietnam. Anyway take a look at the video ^^



Well that seems to be all for this week. Next week there is a body art competition being held in Daegu. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.korea4expats.com/events-in-korea-Intl-Bodypainting-Festival-1-2-Sept-2012-Daegu-6485.html

I might see you there ^^ Until next week have a great time ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment