9/03/2012

Daegu International Bodypainting Festival 2012

Daegu International Bodypainting Festival 2012
Daegu International Fantasy Makeup Festival 2012

Early Saturday morning I hopped on the KTX train at Seoul Station and took a day trip to Daegu to see the International Bodypainting Festival.

The trip takes about 2 hours on the KTX which stops at Daegudong Station. A brisk walk to the Daegudong Metro Station and a transfer from the red line to the green line getting off at Duryu Station as well as a little walk saw me at the event just after 11am (thanks to the help of some friendly locals who took me to the park after I inquired about where it was). I was in for a long day as the event started at 11am; Fantasy makeup contestants had 4 hours to do their makeup and the bodypainters had 6 hours to complete their work.

After half a dozen rounds of walking and shooting pictures throughout the day mixed with some eating and reading in the shade; the contest was underway. Starting at 3.30 with the Fantasy Makeup contestants which paraded until about 5pm. The bodypainters came on at around 5:40 until sometime after 7pm. Unfortunately I had to leave at 7pm :( as I needed to get back to Seoul but I did photograph most of the contestants.

So lets have a look at the results :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket





Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Wow another fantastic hot and sunny weekend! I hope the next weekend is the same. I have a few things up my sleeve to show you at a later date. I visited a naughty cafe and I also have a few more "explore Korea" video's one being another driving video and a walking through a famous street in Seoul video. But more about that later.

Well have a fantastic week and I will see you again next time! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment