4/30/2012

2012 Seoul International Photo & Imaging Industry Show & Korea Universe 2012

2012 Seoul International Photo & Imaging Industry Show April 27th, 28th and 29th

COEX, Seoul, South Korea held an amazing Photo and Imaging exhibition showcasing all the new models, bodies and accessories of the industry and yes I am talking about the camera equipment :) 

Thousands of visitors flocked to the exhibition over the three days (27, 28 & 29 April) most armed with their cameras to capture the Korean models flaunting all the new wares from their brand. There were exciting cameras on display and cameras everywhere you could use and take photos with. There were also new and exciting gadgets one which I took particular interest in was a gadget you could clip your camera to a bag strap or your belt with for ease of access and to take the strain from your neck strap.

Here are a few photos from the event regarding the equipment and a Youtube slideshow:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


The Show also surprised me regarding the number of models exhibiting the new camera models. It was similar to the Seoul Motor Show I attended last year with all the usual suspects in attendance. I used this opportunity to play with some of my camera settings to achieve some new shots or exposures and to get a lot of video footage practice before the big BIMOS event at the end of May (I will keep you posted on that :).
So here are the girls; pictures, videos and a slideshow:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket




Korea Universe 2012 April 28th Gungnam Seoul South Korea

Due to such a busy day I made it only to see the last two events of this show but I must admit the quality of the contestants was amazing! I will definitely be going to Korea World in September (check last weeks post for details). If you are going there by subway (in September) take the orange line (line 3) to Daechi exit 6 and follow the big guys around the corner about 50 meters down the road. 

Well here is some of the pictures and a slideshow off the contestants for your enjoyment:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


So ends a huge, huge weekend. I did go to the flower show in Ilsan on Sunday but I will save those photos for another day coming soon! :)


Next week is the G_Global Aviation in Ansan 2012 Airshow. The Korean name has apparently changed and it is difficult to find much information about it in English. But here is a link:

It starts May 3rd and finishes May 8th 2012. If I find out any more information about it I will post it here otherwise this information is correct.
You can get there taking line 4 to Ansan and just get a taxi outside the station to the show. It will probably cost 6,000 - 10,000 won maximum to get there (I think it cost me 6,000 or 7,000 won last year?).

**UPDATE** 5 May 2012. I have looked for some information about the Ansan Airshow for 2012 and cannot find anything which is not a good sign. I have found conflicting information about when it is on so that's not good either and the official website does not give any dates so I am going to hold off until I know what the website says in Korean. But for now I am assuming it is not on in May!!!
http://www.skyexpo.or.kr/

So I may see you there :) Until next week have a fantastic week and enjoy the sunny summer weather (if you are in the northern hemisphere :)



No comments:

Post a Comment