4/02/2012

Dark Tranquility Live Seoul South Korea 31 March 2012

Dark Tranquility Live Seoul South Korea 31 March 2012

Asia Metal Festival 2012 31 March 2012 V-Hall Hongdae Seoul South Korea

** COMPETITION **
This week I am holding a competition! :)
I am giving away one CD copy of "hell hound" by the Korean Metal band "Silent Eye". Just answer this simple question:

Which country does the band Dark Tranquility come from?

You can post your answer in the comment box on my facebook page under the Dark Tranquility post:


or simply send me an email at:

rawr.korea@gmail.com

The competition will close on Tuesday the 10th of April 2012 at 11:00am Korean time :)
I will draw a name and contact you regarding your address details and then I will post the CD to you :)
Only one entry per person please and the competition is open to everyone worldwide :)

Here is what you can win! (as you can see the jewel case has a hairline crack :( but the CD is perfect :)

Photobucket

Far beneath the earth the sounds of metal shook the streets of Seoul for 6 hours on Saturday. Held in V-Hall in Hongdae in the basement Koreans and foreign fans enjoyed a night of metal from four nations. Korean bands (Remnants of the Fallen, Down Hell, Ninesin and Silent Eye) were joined by bands from Taiwan (Eye of Violence), Singapore (Fall of Mirra) and the headliner Dark Tranquility from Sweden.

I was a little surprised at the "intimacy" of the venue (or how small it was) but the fans poured in and "moshed", crowd surfed and stage dived throughout the day.

I arrived late in the day (6pm the concert started at 4:30pm) so I did miss a few bands but the highlights for me were Silent Eye and Oathean. I especially enjoyed Silent Eye's song Heavy Metal (which you can see down near the middle / bottom of the page).

Dark Tranquility put on an awesome performance with Mikael Stanne (vocals) being a good sport and enjoying the friendliness of the crowd as they embraced him and the music both figuratively and literally!

Below you can see some of the action of the night. Some of the sound quality is not that great unfortunately :( however the videos give you an idea of what the concert was like :)


















silent eye





----








Well that it for this weeks mammoth and time consuming post! :) I am not sure what I will have for you next week... it will be a surprise for me too! :) I will also announce the winners name for you next week. Until then have a fantastic week! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Really Nice Post your blog. i like this video. Thanks For Sharing us.
    Cash for Gold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever wanted to get free Twitter Followers?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT & TOTALLY FREE by registering on Add Me Fast?

    ReplyDelete