1/23/2011

Costco and how not to leave your apartment.

So if you live in Korea you will know all about or have at least heard something about Costco.

On Saturday I went to the Costco closest to Mangu Station.

The place was perhaps about the same size as Albany Pack n Save in Auckland New Zealand x2 floors and has a lot of bulk food and some electronic and bedding items as well. This is the place to go if you are looking to hibernate for the winter or something like that as everything is basically in bulk! For example you can buy 2 dozen Dr Pepper cans for something like 17,000 won or some Tim Tams for about 13,000 won, Huge jars of Cheese Balls, Insane Pizzas that are the size of satellite dishes and bags of fun size Snickers bars (and others) that you could wear on your back! The best thing though is the meat. You can actually buy large quantities of mince (or hamburger meat for you Americans) but it is only a little cheaper than a Lotte or E Mart but you will get the quantity. You can also buy 6 x Chicken breasts for 17,000 won and so on. They also have a vitamin section and Weilder protein powder at a reasonable price.

Here is some more info and other locations in Korea:


Membership costs 35,000 won per year.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

How not to leave your apartment apon departure from Korea...

So my neighbour went back to the states early this morning and left me the key to the apartment and of course curiosity got the better of me as I thought maybe there might be something that I could use in my apartment so I...... Arrrrrrhhhhh

Photobucket

Photobucket

That was the exact sound of the landlords who came half a dozen hours later and opened the door. There were all kinds of fantastic things left behind including clothes, underwear, shoes, dozens of books... 3 years of un-cleaned kitchen and bathroom mess and the place had not been vacuumed at all or dusted. However my curiosity was somewhat rewarded by finding 180,000 odd won in coins just left carelessly and a few books on the Korean language that I cleaned with disinfectant!

So I went back to my apartment feeling quite dirty and cleaned and vacuumed and scrubbed and felt better :)

I thought I would leave you with Kai Greene. Probably the most "interesting" body-builder out there at the moment. I wonder if he has a chance at winning the Arnold Classic again this year and placing higher at Mr Olympia??? Who knows...


No comments:

Post a Comment