1/03/2011

Coex Hotel Live Restaurant, Sea La La, New Apart.

M.I.A. for one day....

Its the winter holidays here so I have had a 4 day weekend but I also had to move so I have been rather busy and couldn't post last night. However I have a few things for you this week.

Well firstly it snowed quite properly this week. I am not sure how many inches but everything was covered and there is still ice and snow everywhere.




Photobucket

You may remember a similar picture a week or so ago...

Photobucket

Intercontinental Seoul Coex Hotel
Restaurant: Asian Live
Menu choices: Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Indian
Menu Choice: Indian

Well I am not even going to bother you with any of the details of this meal as to say it was rubbish would be an understatement. The menu set consists of about 5 entrées and a main which I chose to be Butter Chicken as this is my yard stick to determine how good the Indian chef really is. Well... I have never had seafood in an Indian restaurant before and never a battered onion either. Glorified sausage rolls topped off with cold potato and some kind of sickly jellylike sauce was totally off putting. To bring the meal to a close was a "fusion" Butter Chicken which was not so much curry as it was spicy. Now talking to the chef he indicated that the dishes were modified to the local pallet. I find this hard to believe as my Korean friend described almost everything as "DISGUSTING" and had her main swapped to black bean sauce and noodles which was also a let down. The naan bread was undercooked and doughy and even though I was brought some desert after refusing it I didn't have the faith to even try the fruit as I was sure it would be a putrefied mess.
We received a discount as you would expect in these circumstances considering the menu price was 160,000!
My advice to the restaurant... if you are going Indian have an authentic Indian menu none of this fusion rubbish which no one finds appealing!
out of 5 stars I would give this restaurant a rating of -15 for its Indian menu. Your money would be better spent at McDonalds.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Goodbye old apartment hello new apartment.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So yes I did find another job which I start tomorrow not too far from where I was before so all is happy and good at the moment.

However... The inside of the front door had its door handle missing. I was told by the previous teacher that if it slams or you close it tight there is no way out of the apartment except through the window. I gathered he had put up with that for a year or more. It happened to me once and then I was off to E mart!

Photobucket

Putting up with that for a year was beyond my comprehension as for 14,000 won and a set of screwdrivers for 5,000 won I now have a second lock and a workable door handle.

Photobucket

So I mentioned to my friend last week about finding a place like Waiwera hot pools in Auckland New Zealand and she came up with Sea La La.

Mullae Station Line 2 is where you go but here is the website and detailed map:


Its fantastic! You have to buy a hair cap though to go swimming in the pools...

Photobucket

Upstairs there are private spa baths which can be rented for 20,000 won. I think there is a time limit of an hour or so.... there is a TV or you can listen to the radio and sit back and let the bubbles relax you...

Photobucket

I had a request for the Dongdaemun pet market... Now I have an idea where it is but I am not certain on the details. So here is a general map and in a few weeks I will be back there so I may be able to be a little more precise... Well here goes:

Photobucket


Last up.... K-pop charts vs J-pop charts... Enjoy:


Well until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment