1/09/2011

Hwaseong Fortress - Suwon

So this week has been about settling in to the new place and school, fixing things up and thinking about what I need to buy to make things easier.


First thing this weekend was to fix the bathroom sink. Now again this amazes me how it could be left for such a long period of time like it was... turning on the tap meant that your feet got wet... yep the pipe thread was stripped and so the s bend was useless. Luckily the Director was impressed enough by my ability to fix the door handle that he bought me an S bend pipe. So now the sink works as it should.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I decided to brave the cold this weekend and head down to Suwon (which is about a 2 hour subway journey from where I live) to have a look at the Hwaseong Fortress (or most of it).
The sky was perfect ice blue and so were my hands after about 5 minutes! But I managed to take some photos for you to see. Check out the Flickr slideshow after this selection of pictures:

Photobucket

(Not really relevant to the fortress but I thought it was cool)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out the rest of the photos here:

So I guess I should put a link here so if you want to go and check it out you can:

This will give you directions from Suwon Station. You can walk there but many of the buses pass by for example the 3000 (red bus) 66, 11, 66-4 and many more. It seems like Suwon is also "bus city"...

Here is the official site as well:

Well that's me for another week. I am going on a school field trip this week... I have no idea where or why but it should be an excuse to take some photos I hope :)

Have a sniff of this before you go :)


Watching WWE in Korea?.... Here are the TV listings:

No comments:

Post a Comment