6/22/2010

All right! I'm going to Seoul tomorrow for my medical check up. It's not quite the check up I'm excited about but the actual trip on the subway because once I know how to do all the transfers between the different lines (insert complex subway map here...) I will be free to unleash myself on the big smoke!

Photobucket

So I have been busy over the weekend taking some videos which I have to edit and post to youtube. I also was busy cleaning the apartment and finally figuring out how to use the washing machine which I may also take some kind of video of or post some informative pictures.

As for teaching I had a couple of good lessons today. The first was my second attempt at "How to talk about Music" which I discovered the template here: http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/esl_resources/index_files/howtotalkaboutmusic.php
I changed up the media files (all details can be found in the description to the youtube video) and simplified the task of writing as I have elementary students. I also had a go at Battleships but need to tweak that a little so things go more smoothly and are easier to understand.


So the big news for today (well yesterday now) is the Top released his video for "Turn it up".
I managed to obtain a copy this morning and thought I would treat the students to a brand new hot off the press video that perhaps none of them had seen yet! I expect that the parents will be calling the school tomorrow as the content of the clip (although fairly tame by our filthy foreign standards) had some students covering their eyes. Hmmmm you decide for yourself if my judgement was off:


big day tomorrow with the medical and then early Wednesday morning its South Korea v Nigeria (3:30am local time) so I should get some rest before then. Will have more to add later.

Click on the following link for the flickr slide show:

Interesting video I stumbled upon on the Japan top 30 countdown:

2 comments:

  1. Soo that video was the first Korean pop video I have ever seen and honestly, he is ridiculously good looking with eye-liner lol The video itself is weird and all over the place...I was confused about whether he was trying to be a gangster or a pimp or a geek with his cute nerd-glasses but all in all this video was probably over-the-top crazy for little kids...thats just my opinion :D But thanks for the blog, very interesting...making me want to come to Korea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you'd like an alternative to randomly picking up girls and trying to figure out the right thing to say...

    If you'd prefer to have women hit on YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and restaurants...

    Then I urge you to watch this short video to learn a strange little secret that might get you your personal harem of beautiful women just 24 hours from now:

    Facebook Seduction System!!!

    ReplyDelete