6/07/2010


Summary of Saturday, Sunday and Monday...

Saturday:

Went for another adventure and found a park at the end of the street filled with artistic sculptures and fitness equipment... could come in handy soon.

My Director (David) took me on the subway and showed me how to charge my t-money card (which I already knew how to do - thanks eatyourkimchi.com).
Met Julie who is a Korean English teacher and she took me through the basics of the school and material.
Was dropped off at the subway and had to find my own way home. I met a nice young Korean girl who helped me find the right track to be on and found my stop (Guri Station).
Went home then hit the town again exploring the bright lights.
I have yet to talk to another westerner (apparently there is one living below me?) but the younger Koreans all like to shout out hello.
Saw a couple of REALLY drunk girls (like rag dolls) being carried about by their boyfriends.
Made it back home past the trusty Eel.

Sunday:

Decided to go have a look at some Puma shoes I spied last night (I may be lucky enough to get them on pay day).
Also went to Lotte Mart and purchased some groceries which was scary.
Had a tasty fishy ice cream.

Monday:

First day of school I will take some pictures of the school later). Caught the subway by myself to Deokso.
1st class was naughty! Second class was better as it was a review of some lessons that they had done before so we talked more about animals and things that took their thinking away from is this a solid, liquid or gas...
Third class was hard core English with inferences, context and just plain hard questions. It went well though.
Caught the bus home with Moses (another Korean English teacher)... strange things tend to happen when I am around apparently.... there was this guy in full martial art regalia with a Samurai sword in the street... he said "hello"...something, something and then went of and hit some innocent passer by then came back and asked if I liked hamburgers and I said "I like Hamburgers"! then he went off a few feet closed his eyes and held his hand up, stumbled over and then the bus arrived...
Got off the bus at our stop and we were accosted by some woman who was most likely a prostitute or something similar... Moses ignored her like someone would ignore a fly until she planted herself right in front of us looking for something and saying something (I cant understand much Korean right now). We managed to escape her and I went on alone to order a Bulgolgi Burger and a Cheese Burger from McDonalds in full Korean.

Have a look at the slide show pictures. Still have not quite ironed out all the slide show problems yet. :/

Click on this link for the Flickr show:



No comments:

Post a Comment