6/15/2010

So on Saturday I was invited to the movies by Moses and his friends. It had been a horrible rainy weekend and I had to run down to the nearest store and buy a 6,000 won umbrella which I had been stressing out about not having for a couple of days!

So we went to see Prince of Persia. Little differences in getting tickets is that you get a ticket and wait until your number comes up next to the teller then you purchase your movie tickets.

Another cool thing I saw was in the bathroom (it is in the picture slides to follow) an amazing hand dryer from outa space! It actually dries your hands as well!

It was off to watch Korea battle Greece after that and we ended up at a little restaurant and had some interesting food (which later I found out was pork ground up with the bone and the other dish was pork intestines... hmmmm).
There is a picture of the lot of us outside. Moses took the shot.

So on Sunday it was my mission to track down Toys R Us which was quite a mission since I walked right past it and ended up on the border to the next city (Donong which is across the river from the Guri tower... or there about's).
I passed a few soccer games and did a full circuit before stumbling across the correct Lotte Mart.

There seems to be quite a few pets stores around as well.

I then made the brave decision to go super market shopping at the said Lotte Mart (as I will explain later). There are women at the end of just about every isle wanting you to buy food, cosmetics, beer and just about anything. Also there is an unusual practice here to have specials on items. The specials come taped to the item on special, for example you can get 2 soft drinks attached to each other for the price of one or as you will see in the slide shoe a box of biscuits or cookies taped to another box of cookies or perhaps a couple of popcorn chicken packets taped to a bag of chicken nuggets.

Outside there are gentlemen with white gloves directing traffic and bowing to the cars.

So I ended up walking a mile or 2 with my shopping 12L of water and 1.5L of cola... not advisable at 26 degrees 69% humidity but I did make it.

I also saw a few interesting things on my 3 -4 hour walk... a jaw bone...? a Police station, fire station and Taekwondo where perhaps I will be studying in 2.5 weeks.

Another interesting fact is that if you order in the food will be delivered to your door and once you are finished you put the dirty dishes outside your door and they will come back and pick them up!

Click on the following link to see the Flickr show:


I have also decided to add a interesting video of the times section in addition to my Blog rantings just so you can keep up with what's new and happening out there ;)

This weeks/times video is:


1 comment:

  1. TRUE MEANING BEHIND ALEJANDRO:
    "The religious symbolism is not meant to denote anything negative, but represents the character's battle between the dark forces of this world and the spiritual salvation of the Soul.
    Thus at the end of the film, she chooses to be a nun, and the reason her mouth and eyes disappear is because she is withdrawing her senses from the world of evil and going inward towards prayer and contemplation."

    ReplyDelete